* This figure includes interest, but excludes additional extras. Monthly payments are administered via a third party; therefore interest charges may be subject to slight fluctuations.
A Sibling Discount of 5% is offered for the second child from the same family rising to 10%, 15%, 20% and 25% for subsequent siblings.
The School fees are calculated on an annual basis. For the purposes of payment, they are divided into three equal instalments, which do not necessarily relate to the length of the term.
School fees are reviewed annually by the Governing body. Any increase normally takes effect from September each year. The Governors reserve the right to impose a surcharge at any time in the event of any sudden or unpredictable rise in the school’s running costs.
What is included?
· Laboratory, Art and DT expenses (pupils wishing to keep completed items only pay for materials)
What is not included?
· Textbooks in Senior School
· External examination fees
All optional extras are offered on a termly basis and one term’s notice in writing to the Bursar is required to discontinue any optional extra.
· Music - £21.00 per lesson (normally 10 lessons per term of 30 minutes each).
· Learning Support - In Junior and Senior School learning support is conducted in small groups within curriculum time without extra charge except in exceptional circumstances when a charge will be made.
· After Care £6.30 per hour. Minimum charge £6.30 and thereafter booking is in half hour intervals.
· Incidentals Outdoor pursuits, visits to plays, concerts etc.
· English as a Foreign Language (EFL) £30.00 per lesson.
Pupils who wish to register for the following insurance schemes should return the 'Insurance Statement' immediately following receipt.
1. School Fees Refund Scheme – 1.37 % of net fees.
Information about the scheme for existing pupils can be found here.
Information about the scheme for new pupils can be found here.
2. Pupil’s Personal Accident Insurance Scheme is included within fees. Please click here for more information.
3. Pupil’s Personal Effects Insurance Scheme - £8.57 per term.
Information about the scheme for existing pupils can be found here and Q&A here.
Information about the scheme for new pupils can be found here, Q&A here and application form here.
4. AXA PPP Healthcare Scheme - £82.00 per term.
Details on the Healthcare Scheme can be found here, Q&A here and the Insurance Product Information Document here.
1. A deposit of £350 per child is payable to secure a place. The deposit is refundable, subject to any outstanding payments, against the final invoice issued when a child leaves the school.
2. Payment of school fees is due on or before the start of the term invoiced. A surcharge of 1.5% per month is payable on all late payments.
3. Monthly direct debit payments may be arranged via an arrangement with School Fee Plan. Please see their website for further details: School Fee Plan.
4. The Governors reserve the right to not permit pupils to return to school if the fees are not paid on time.
A full term’s notice must be given in writing by the parent or guardian before a pupil is withdrawn. This notice should be received by the Bursar, on or before the first day of term. This rule applies throughout the school, including transfer from Junior (Year 6) to Senior (Year 7) and into the Lower Sixth (Year 12), where transfer is presumed. Failure to provide such notice will result in a term’s fees being charged in lieu of notice.
Lloyd’s TSB Bank plc, Eastgate Street, Gloucester, GL1 1NU
Account Name: The King’s School, Gloucester
Sort Code: 30-93-48
Account No: 00175810